The light within


Today the students were supossed to bring a "homework": find materials from nature: beads, seeds, shells, pieces of wood, etc and they were supossed to also bring a big piece of cardboard to work on. They brought nothing. I felt so frustated because I had no idea what to do with them and because i had a guest: Mary Grogan who was very excited about the work i would do with the kids. I decided to go ahead with the part of the plan that we could still do: we read the famous Mandela fragment on what we really fear is our light...
That light was the epiphany I had after warming up with some dance and actual physical exercises we did. I had brought some black paper hoping to use it later, on a different project. We worked then with the yellow chalk the teachers use on the blackboard, on the black paper, doing contour exercise first of our hands, then of each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment